16th December 2017
11:00 - 17:00
02/12/2017 00:00 AM
As many of you know the Holly run is our Christmas ride where we have a steady social ride to suit everyone with a couple of pubs stops finishing at a pub to have a Christmas meal.
This year's edition is on Saturday 16th December 2017 with 30 miles and 4 pub stops. We will be finishing at the Hostelrie in Goodrich*, where the ride will end.
* subject to change
More information on the meal & route is below.
Top of Roman Way, please try and meet off the road on the grass. The first group to leave by 10:50 AM.
Payment on the day for £TBC, submit your interest using the link above (opening soon). One entry per a person. If you signup, it is expected that you will show up for the meal. You can cancel up to the 02/12/2017 by email or Facebook. Past this time you will need to contact the Hostelrie and let them know.
Total Distance: 30 miles / 842 meters ascent / 5 pubs
If you can see the group getting big and cars are behind, please drop back and create a gap for cars to go into. There will be some selected riders in the group to help with this.
Note - Alternative routes will be used if the weather is icy, some roads are not gritted.
We will be half an hour per a pub plus based on a 12mph avg speed to get us to the Hostelrie by 16:00.
Our first pub opens at 12:00 pm, 13 miles away. This gives us 1 hour 10 to park end.
- 10:40 - meeting
- 10:50 - departure
- 12:00 - Arrival The Fountain, Parkend
- 12:35 - departure
- 13:05 - arrival at The Butchers Arms, Clearwell
- 13:40 - departure
- 13:50 - arrival at The Ostrich, Newland
- 14:35 - departure
- 14:55 - arrival at The New Inn, Shortstanding
- 15:30 - departure
- 16:00 - arrival at The Hostelrie, Goodrich
What do I need to bring on the day?
- Pocket money for drinks on route
- Pay for your meal on the day
- Bring some lights as it will be dark if riding home, or sort alternative transport home to include bikes.
- Dress up your bike and/or you
- Lights - it may be dark or getting dark on the arrival at 16:00